- Akeem Brown and Joshua Christie have been conferred with the title National Master and shall prepend the prefix NM to their name. Joshua Christie, age 15 is currently the youngest National Master in the island and the youngest Jamaican to be given the title.
St Jago Chess Academy, the official chess club at St Jago High School, coached by National Master Mikhail Solomon, has again performed exceptionally! This, as two more national masters have been produced while still in high school. Four years ago, NM Alistair Walker was conferred with the chess title at age 16. Now there are younger minds in the mix, the likes of NM Akeem Brown and NM Joshua Christie. Christie and Brown have received their titles just after playing in Panama for their country and performing among the elites. Joshua Christie tied for first place, Akeem Brown came 17th, Johmoi Blake came 7th. Among the young men is Adani Clarke, who is referred to as a Woman Candidate Master. She prepends the prefix WCM to her name.
The St Jago Chess Academy and St Jago High School are pleased with the excellent performance of our students and the high level of professionalism that they bring to the sport. We are grateful for these Ravens and proud of their contribution to their school and country. A job well done.
Special thanks goes to the dedicated coach NM Mikhail Solomon, who has toiled with our students for many years, continuing to produce the greatest of Chess players in the island. Labor Omnia Vincit.
- Dennoy Martin, Shevon Chisholm, Shellaine Ewart and Abigail Morgan, graduates of the sixth form class of 2017 are each recipients of a Windalco Local Scholarship. This award will help them pursue studies at their respective local tertiary institutions for the 2016-2017 academic year. St Jago High School congratulates these exceptional young ravens on their success. Labor Omnia Vincit!
- This is a birthday wish from Jevaughn. St Jago is proud to have you as a student. You have achieved so much over the year namely Lieutenant Governer for Division 6 for Key Club. Continue to make St Jago, your friends and most importantly your parents proud.
- All students interested in playing football for the school are invited to a try-out on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1 pm. Come ready to play football.
This invitation is for all players, all genders, all ages, all competitions (Girls' football, Manning Cup, Under 16 [Colts], Under 14).
The new coaching team includes:
-R Lewis (Head Coach Boys)
-D Ferguson (Head Coach Boys)
SAINT JAGO HIGH SCHOOL
July 5 & 6 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Initial Registration
Documents to be submitted
- Original Birth Certificate
- Letter of Award from MOEI (where applicable)
Package to be collected with the following items:
- Welcome Brochure
- Bank Vouchers
- House Button
- Uniform Patterns (girls)
- Schedule of activities for new students
- Application Form
- Summary of School Rules
- Guide to High School Success
- St. Jago Sticker and Button
- Anglican 10 Facts
- Code of Conduct
July 20 Return of GSAT Homework and documents
9:00a.m. - 12:00noon – Students with surnames beginning with A- L
1:00p.m. -4:00p.m. – Students with surnames beginning with M- Z
- Completed Application forms to be brought in along with:-
- Two passport-size photographs (certified by School Principal, J.P., Police Officer – Inspector of Senior Rank)
- Copy of last school report
- Copy of Immunization Card
- On this day students will be informed of the forms into which they are being placed.
August 9 Student must be in full uniform
8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium - 1S, 1T, 1J
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1A, 1G & 1O
12 noon-2:30 p.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium – 1A, 1G, 1O
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1S, 1T & 1J
Uniforms: Ready-made tunics and blouses, uniform material, socks, ties, epaulettes and school memorabilia will be on sale at the school.
August 25 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Book Rental Distribution
1A, 1G, 1O
12:00noon – 2:30p.m.
1S, 1T, 1J
(These are books on the Book-Rental Programme and not on the Book List given to students)
REGISTRATION & PARENTS’ MEETING – 1st day of School..................................Monday, September 4, 2017
O.R. Bell Auditorium
- Congratulations to the Head Students for the 2017 academic year.
Head Boy Matthew Morrison Head Girl Murrishka Richie
Deputies Shemar Findley, Nickolye Graham, Jovan Thomas, Chrishelle Crosgill, Joelle Hanson, Rachel Walters.
- Congratulations Dr Lincoln Edwards, President NCU on his special day Inauguration of the 24th President NCU.
President NCU (centre) - a proud past student of St Jago High
Karl Townsend President St Jago PSA (right)
Collette Feurtado-Pryce Principal (left)
IGNXRANCE Apparel is a clothing and accessories company that produces a variety of clothing; Graphic T-shirt, Tank tops, Long sleeved shirts etc.Their aim is to bring a new creative style of clothing to the younger generation at an affordable cost.
- March 13-17, 2017
- All students presently enrolled at St Jago High School must report to Ravensworth at 7:50AM to begin the Easter Term
- This week (December 7 - 13) is Computer Science Education Week. The Web Team and the Information Technology Department in line with the global initiative presents an Hour of Code. You are invited to come to the Computer Lab on Monday (9:00 am to 2:00 pm) and spend an Hour of Code or simply encourage someone. Bring your laptop or use ours we will be there to help!
The funeral service of our beloved principal Victor Roy Edwards will be held on Thursday Dec 3 at 11:00am at the Cathedral of St Jago de la Vega, Spanish Town
- In the O.R. Bell Auditorium
- November 1-7, 2015 Be reminded we need your kind contributions towards Mrs. Watson's Gift. Our very dedicated Driver Mr. Samuel Lothian will be also recognized. Expecting your favourable responses.Cocktails - 6:00 - 7:00 p.m - Please make every effort to be on time - blessings always!
Happy Birthday to our school Principal Mrs. Sandra Swyer Watson
All students belonging to the above forms MUST report to Ravensworth at 7:50AM sharp for registration
- Please see below the Aeolians of Oakwood University Choir out of the United States managed by Vilroy McBean, Past Student who will be sharing with our Special Group of Students at Breakfast at Ravensworth next Tuesday morning, March 3, 2015 at 7:00 a.m SHARP. After Breakfast which will be sponsored by Vilroy, the Choir will participate in Devotion at 7:50 a.m. in the O.R. Bell Auditorium.
- Tomorrow is Green and Gold Day at St. Jago. Support the LIME promotion to hand over $100k to the school tomorrow at the Mini Concert which starts at 2pm in the front of the school. Prizes and surprises, Guest Artist, free gifts and giveaways. Wear green and gold!
- February 19-20, 2015
- January 23-27, 2015
- October 27 to November 10, 2014
- Parents Teachers Meeting. All Parents are required to attend
- Student go off on Mid Term
- Past Students Association Banquet
- August 26 to September 8, 2014 Student are to report to school in uniform at 7:50 AM on the days specified below. Days are listed according to the form into which the student is going. Parents are to attend with their children/ward and paid vouchers are to be handed in as well. First Form - September 1, 2014 Second Form - September 2, 2014 Third Form - September 3, 2014 Forth Form - September 4, 2014 Fifth Form - September 5, 2014 Lower Sixth Form (6B) - September 4, 2014 Upper Sixth Form (6A) - September 1, 2014 Commencement Service - September 7, 2014 at 4 PM at the Cathedral of St Jago de la Vega All classes begin September 8, 2014
- August 18 to September 8, 2014 This is only for current 6B students who are returning to 6A. Commencement Service at the Cathedral of St Jago de la Vega Attendance is mandatory for students
- August 18 to September 8, 2014 This is only for current students who wish to repeat fifth form. Applications open (get more information www.stjago.com/repeaters2014)
- July 1 to September 8, 2014 This is for all students who are new to sixth form at St Jago. Deadline to submit all supporting documents
- This year's founders day activity will involve a march through Spanish Town. The march will begin at 9:00 am, take us on a tour of the locations whihc used to house the school and end at the Cathedral for a short service at 10:30 am. All past students are invited to attend. Participants are advised to carry water.
- The thanksgiving service for the life of Cavahn McKenzie will be held on Sunday, March 16, 2014 in Annotto Bay, St. Mary.
- January 28-29, 2014
- August 5-21, 2013 Dates for applying to Sixth Form 2013.
- March 13-16, 2012
- February 27 to March 2, 2012
- January 3-4, 2011
- August 1-25, 2010
- July 10 to September 8, 2010 Parents are required to attend with their children. Each form is assigned a different day as ...
- July 6-9, 2010 9:00am to 2:00pm Registration for GSAT students.
- July 1 to August 25, 2010 Application to sixth form will open as soon as results for CXC-CSEC are released.
- July 1 to September 9, 2010 All sixth form students must reapply.
- February 22-26, 2010 The school focuses on activities to develop the gender awareness of the boys and girls.
- October 1-3, 2009
- August 18-25, 2009
- March 2-4, 2009 Gender Week Begins