- We won our first match in the return leg of the first round of the 2017 Manning Cup competition. The match against Clan Carty High ended 4 nil. Goals by Shaquille Wright (two), Tahjay "Ed" Grand and a penalty scored by Kirk Samuda.
- Akeem Brown and Joshua Christie have been conferred with the title National Master and shall prepend the prefix NM to their name. Joshua Christie, age 15 is currently the youngest National Master in the island and the youngest Jamaican to be given the title.
St Jago Chess Academy, the official chess club at St Jago High School, coached by National Master Mikhail Solomon, has again performed exceptionally! This, as two more national masters have been produced while still in high school. Four years ago, NM Alistair Walker was conferred with the chess title at age 16. Now there are younger minds in the mix, the likes of NM Akeem Brown and NM Joshua Christie. Christie and Brown have received their titles just after playing in Panama for their country and performing among the elites. Joshua Christie tied for first place, Akeem Brown came 17th, Johmoi Blake came 7th. Among the young men is Adani Clarke, who is referred to as a Woman Candidate Master. She prepends the prefix WCM to her name.
The St Jago Chess Academy and St Jago High School are pleased with the excellent performance of our students and the high level of professionalism that they bring to the sport. We are grateful for these Ravens and proud of their contribution to their school and country. A job well done.
Special thanks goes to the dedicated coach NM Mikhail Solomon, who has toiled with our students for many years, continuing to produce the greatest of Chess players in the island. Labor Omnia Vincit.
- Dennoy Martin, Shevon Chisholm, Shellaine Ewart and Abigail Morgan, graduates of the sixth form class of 2017 are each recipients of a Windalco Local Scholarship. This award will help them pursue studies at their respective local tertiary institutions for the 2016-2017 academic year. St Jago High School congratulates these exceptional young ravens on their success. Labor Omnia Vincit!
- This is a birthday wish from Jevaughn. St Jago is proud to have you as a student. You have achieved so much over the year namely Lieutenant Governer for Division 6 for Key Club. Continue to make St Jago, your friends and most importantly your parents proud.
- All students interested in playing football for the school are invited to a try-out on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1 pm. Come ready to play football.
This invitation is for all players, all genders, all ages, all competitions (Girls' football, Manning Cup, Under 16 [Colts], Under 14).
The new coaching team includes:
-R Lewis (Head Coach Boys)
-D Ferguson (Head Coach Boys)
SAINT JAGO HIGH SCHOOL
July 5 & 6 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Initial Registration
Documents to be submitted
- Original Birth Certificate
- Letter of Award from MOEI (where applicable)
Package to be collected with the following items:
- Welcome Brochure
- Bank Vouchers
- House Button
- Uniform Patterns (girls)
- Schedule of activities for new students
- Application Form
- Summary of School Rules
- Guide to High School Success
- St. Jago Sticker and Button
- Anglican 10 Facts
- Code of Conduct
July 20 Return of GSAT Homework and documents
9:00a.m. - 12:00noon – Students with surnames beginning with A- L
1:00p.m. -4:00p.m. – Students with surnames beginning with M- Z
- Completed Application forms to be brought in along with:-
- Two passport-size photographs (certified by School Principal, J.P., Police Officer – Inspector of Senior Rank)
- Copy of last school report
- Copy of Immunization Card
- On this day students will be informed of the forms into which they are being placed.
August 9 Student must be in full uniform
8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium - 1S, 1T, 1J
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1A, 1G & 1O
12 noon-2:30 p.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium – 1A, 1G, 1O
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1S, 1T & 1J
Uniforms: Ready-made tunics and blouses, uniform material, socks, ties, epaulettes and school memorabilia will be on sale at the school.
August 25 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Book Rental Distribution
1A, 1G, 1O
12:00noon – 2:30p.m.
1S, 1T, 1J
(These are books on the Book-Rental Programme and not on the Book List given to students)
REGISTRATION & PARENTS’ MEETING – 1st day of School..................................Monday, September 4, 2017
O.R. Bell Auditorium
- Vote for St Jago past student RICHARD SMITH
- Congratulations to the Head Students for the 2017 academic year.
Head Boy Matthew Morrison Head Girl Murrishka Richie
Deputies Shemar Findley, Nickolye Graham, Jovan Thomas, Chrishelle Crosgill, Joelle Hanson, Rachel Walters.
- Live stream starts at 4 pm
- Saint Jago High School wishes all our fathers a spectacular day!
- Jezeel Bryan, who was a student at St Jago from 2012-2016, has been successful in her endevours abroad. She has been awarded the first ever international and black female to compete in the United States Tennis Association's Tennis Tournament and the first international officer for Key Club District 14c, Zone E. Indeed, Greatness is born here, excellence lives here, success dwells here.
Keep up the good work Ms Bryan.
IGNXRANCE Apparel is a clothing and accessories company that produces a variety of clothing; Graphic T-shirt, Tank tops, Long sleeved shirts etc.Their aim is to bring a new creative style of clothing to the younger generation at an affordable cost.
- Star footballer, big up yourself. Happy Birthday Kirk Samuda.
- The Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Lance Corporal Elijah Brown who passed away on February 16 will on Sunday, April 9, 2017 at the Jackson SDA Church (Sligoville).
Interment follows in the Family Plot at Keith Hall.
- This is a Birthday shout-out to Darren Wanliss.
Happy Birthday Darren from Jevaughn
Continue to do well!
- The School's Memorial for LCpl Elijah Brown who passed away on February 16 will on Thursday, March 23 at 1500 hours in the OR Bell Auditorium.
You are invited.
- Today is our principal's birthday. Happy Birthday Principal!
- End of season results of Table Tennis
Semis and Finals played Thursday March 9, 2017 and March 14, 2017.
*Boys U-19: Finished second, lost final match to KC.
*Boys U-16: Did not progress to from semi-finals.
*Girls U-19, finish third behind Campion and Ardenne.
*Girls U-16: finished second to Wolmers in final
- March 13-17, 2017
- Calabar 0 vs St Jago 1
St Jago 6 vs Campion 0
Cumberland 0 vs St Jago 2
St Jago 1 vs Bridgeport 2
Hydel 0 vs St Jago 0
St Jago 1 vs Calabar 0
Campion 0 vs St Jago 3
We won our first match against Campion College 3 nil.
- All students presently enrolled at St Jago High School must report to Ravensworth at 7:50AM to begin the Easter Term
- In the O.R. Bell Auditorium
- November 1-7, 2015 Be reminded we need your kind contributions towards Mrs. Watson's Gift. Our very dedicated Driver Mr. Samuel Lothian will be also recognized. Expecting your favourable responses.Cocktails - 6:00 - 7:00 p.m - Please make every effort to be on time - blessings always!
Happy Birthday to our school Principal Mrs. Sandra Swyer Watson
School begins at 7:50AM sharp beginning with Registration and Devotional excercise
All St. Jago High School students are required to be present at the Commencement Service to be held at the St. James Cathedral at 4:00PM
All students belonging to the above forms MUST report to Ravensworth at 7:50AM sharp for registration
All Students of the Second Form MUST be present at Ravensworth for orientation in school uniform at 7:50AM sharp
All students of the above forms should be present at Ravensworth at 7:50 AM sharp in their school uniform
- Please see below the Aeolians of Oakwood University Choir out of the United States managed by Vilroy McBean, Past Student who will be sharing with our Special Group of Students at Breakfast at Ravensworth next Tuesday morning, March 3, 2015 at 7:00 a.m SHARP. After Breakfast which will be sponsored by Vilroy, the Choir will participate in Devotion at 7:50 a.m. in the O.R. Bell Auditorium.
- Tomorrow is Green and Gold Day at St. Jago. Support the LIME promotion to hand over $100k to the school tomorrow at the Mini Concert which starts at 2pm in the front of the school. Prizes and surprises, Guest Artist, free gifts and giveaways. Wear green and gold!
- February 19-20, 2015
- January 23-27, 2015
- January 3-6, 2015 Please note the following about the reopening of school on Monday, January 5, 2015 a) Staff alone to report on Monday, January 5:Senior Staff Meeting at 8 a.m., General Staff Meeting at 9:00 a.m.
- October 27 to November 10, 2014
- Parents Teachers Meeting. All Parents are required to attend
- School ends at 2:05pm
- School ends at 2:05pm
- June 26-29, 2014 This reunion is for EVERYONE!! For submission of Alumni Event photos (Lyme, Fundraiser, etc.) please send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 28-29, 2014
- August 27-30, 2013 9:00am to 2:00pm
- August 6 to September 2, 2013 @ 7:50am Student are to report to school in uniform at 7:50 AM on the days specified below. Days are list according to the form into which the student is going.Parents are to attend with their children/ward and paid vouchers are to be handed in as well.
- April 2-5, 2013
- March 13-16, 2012