- President - Karl Townsend
- 1st VP - Janice McLeod
- 2nd VP - Sean Barrow
- Treasurer - Okeema Cummings
- Asst. Treasurer - Clifton Barrett
- Secretary - Grace Hanson
- Asst. Secretary - Christopher Graham
- Principal - Collette Pryce
AGM held Saturday October 21, 2017
- Carol Pryce
- Taniesha Campbell
- David Yeesing
- Lyndsie Moseley
- Sandra Swyer-Watson
- Melody Royale
- Kenneth Holgate
- Shane Edwards
- We won our first match in the return leg of the first round of the 2017 Manning Cup competition. The match against Clan Carty High ended 4 nil. Goals by Shaquille Wright (two), Tahjay "Ed" Grand and a penalty scored by Kirk Samuda.
- Akeem Brown and Joshua Christie have been conferred with the title National Master and shall prepend the prefix NM to their name. Joshua Christie, age 15 is currently the youngest National Master in the island and the youngest Jamaican to be given the title.
St Jago Chess Academy, the official chess club at St Jago High School, coached by National Master Mikhail Solomon, has again performed exceptionally! This, as two more national masters have been produced while still in high school. Four years ago, NM Alistair Walker was conferred with the chess title at age 16. Now there are younger minds in the mix, the likes of NM Akeem Brown and NM Joshua Christie. Christie and Brown have received their titles just after playing in Panama for their country and performing among the elites. Joshua Christie tied for first place, Akeem Brown came 17th, Johmoi Blake came 7th. Among the young men is Adani Clarke, who is referred to as a Woman Candidate Master. She prepends the prefix WCM to her name.
The St Jago Chess Academy and St Jago High School are pleased with the excellent performance of our students and the high level of professionalism that they bring to the sport. We are grateful for these Ravens and proud of their contribution to their school and country. A job well done.
Special thanks goes to the dedicated coach NM Mikhail Solomon, who has toiled with our students for many years, continuing to produce the greatest of Chess players in the island. Labor Omnia Vincit.
- Dennoy Martin, Shevon Chisholm, Shellaine Ewart and Abigail Morgan, graduates of the sixth form class of 2017 are each recipients of a Windalco Local Scholarship. This award will help them pursue studies at their respective local tertiary institutions for the 2016-2017 academic year. St Jago High School congratulates these exceptional young ravens on their success. Labor Omnia Vincit!
- This is a birthday wish from Jevaughn. St Jago is proud to have you as a student. You have achieved so much over the year namely Lieutenant Governer for Division 6 for Key Club. Continue to make St Jago, your friends and most importantly your parents proud.
- All students interested in playing football for the school are invited to a try-out on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1 pm. Come ready to play football.
This invitation is for all players, all genders, all ages, all competitions (Girls' football, Manning Cup, Under 16 [Colts], Under 14).
The new coaching team includes:
-R Lewis (Head Coach Boys)
-D Ferguson (Head Coach Boys)
SAINT JAGO HIGH SCHOOL
July 5 & 6 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Initial Registration
Documents to be submitted
- Original Birth Certificate
- Letter of Award from MOEI (where applicable)
Package to be collected with the following items:
- Welcome Brochure
- Bank Vouchers
- House Button
- Uniform Patterns (girls)
- Schedule of activities for new students
- Application Form
- Summary of School Rules
- Guide to High School Success
- St. Jago Sticker and Button
- Anglican 10 Facts
- Code of Conduct
July 20 Return of GSAT Homework and documents
9:00a.m. - 12:00noon – Students with surnames beginning with A- L
1:00p.m. -4:00p.m. – Students with surnames beginning with M- Z
- Completed Application forms to be brought in along with:-
- Two passport-size photographs (certified by School Principal, J.P., Police Officer – Inspector of Senior Rank)
- Copy of last school report
- Copy of Immunization Card
- On this day students will be informed of the forms into which they are being placed.
August 9 Student must be in full uniform
8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium - 1S, 1T, 1J
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1A, 1G & 1O
12 noon-2:30 p.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium – 1A, 1G, 1O
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1S, 1T & 1J
Uniforms: Ready-made tunics and blouses, uniform material, socks, ties, epaulettes and school memorabilia will be on sale at the school.
August 25 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Book Rental Distribution
1A, 1G, 1O
12:00noon – 2:30p.m.
1S, 1T, 1J
(These are books on the Book-Rental Programme and not on the Book List given to students)
REGISTRATION & PARENTS’ MEETING – 1st day of School..................................Monday, September 4, 2017
O.R. Bell Auditorium
- On a sad note we inform you of the passing of the father of President Dr. Opal Standbury's, Thomas Gray, over the weekend in Clarendon, Jamaica.
On behalf of the St Jayo family we wish to express our deepest sympathy and condolence to President Opal and family members at this time and pray that God will grant them courage and comfort during their bereavement.
We will keep you abreast of the arrangments.
- Mr Fitz Taylor, distinguished past student and former Latin and English Teacher, died on Saturday, July 01, 2017.
We wish to use this medium to convey our sincere condolences to his family as they go through this period of grieving.
May his soul rest in peace.
- Vote for St Jago past student RICHARD SMITH
- Congratulations to the Head Students for the 2017 academic year.
Head Boy Matthew Morrison Head Girl Murrishka Richie
Deputies Shemar Findley, Nickolye Graham, Jovan Thomas, Chrishelle Crosgill, Joelle Hanson, Rachel Walters.
- Live stream starts at 4 pm
- Congratulations Dr Lincoln Edwards, President NCU on his special day Inauguration of the 24th President NCU.
President NCU (centre) - a proud past student of St Jago High
Karl Townsend President St Jago PSA (right)
Collette Feurtado-Pryce Principal (left)
- Saint Jago High School wishes all our fathers a spectacular day!
- Jezeel Bryan, who was a student at St Jago from 2012-2016, has been successful in her endevours abroad. She has been awarded the first ever international and black female to compete in the United States Tennis Association's Tennis Tournament and the first international officer for Key Club District 14c, Zone E. Indeed, Greatness is born here, excellence lives here, success dwells here.
Keep up the good work Ms Bryan.
IGNXRANCE Apparel is a clothing and accessories company that produces a variety of clothing; Graphic T-shirt, Tank tops, Long sleeved shirts etc.Their aim is to bring a new creative style of clothing to the younger generation at an affordable cost.
- We regret to announce the passing of Miss Jean Blake on Saturday, April 15, 2017 after a long battle with Cancer. If you can recall, Miss Blake was very proud, sophisticated, meticulous and most of all organized. She had everything in place including her funeral arrangements: Order of Service, Place of Interment, you name it.
After shouting "Jesus" she said she was going for a long sleep - she is still sleeping peacefully in the arms of Jesus.
Thanks to those persons who continued to show her love, you were always remembered in her prayers, what a grateful soul.
You will be kept in the loop. May her soul rest in peace!!!
We will always love you Miss Blake!!!!!!
- Star footballer, big up yourself. Happy Birthday Kirk Samuda.
- The Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Lance Corporal Elijah Brown who passed away on February 16 will on Sunday, April 9, 2017 at the Jackson SDA Church (Sligoville).
Interment follows in the Family Plot at Keith Hall.
- The School's Memorial for LCpl Elijah Brown who passed away on February 16 will on Thursday, March 23 at 1500 hours in the OR Bell Auditorium.
You are invited.
- Today is our principal's birthday. Happy Birthday Principal!
- End of season results of Table Tennis
Semis and Finals played Thursday March 9, 2017 and March 14, 2017.
*Boys U-19: Finished second, lost final match to KC.
*Boys U-16: Did not progress to from semi-finals.
*Girls U-19, finish third behind Campion and Ardenne.
*Girls U-16: finished second to Wolmers in final
- Members of the web team for 2017
- Calabar 0 vs St Jago 1
St Jago 6 vs Campion 0
Cumberland 0 vs St Jago 2
St Jago 1 vs Bridgeport 2
Hydel 0 vs St Jago 0
St Jago 1 vs Calabar 0
Campion 0 vs St Jago 3
We won our first match against Campion College 3 nil.
- Be advised,
School dismisses at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 to accommodate the PTA's Teachers' Day function.
From The Principal's Desk
- Contact the St Jago Family and get reliable assistance. We are looking forward to answer your questions!
- Monday, January 25, 2016 Headlines: Rubgy Team Wins first match, St Jago gets awarded at annual CXC awards Quiz team wins first match.
- The Prayer of Dedication Almighty God, we thank you for the gift of your Holy Word. May it be a lantern to our feet, a light to our paths, and a strength to our lives. Take us and use us to love and serve all persons in the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
- All students presently enrolled at St Jago High School must report to Ravensworth at 7:50AM to begin the Easter Term
- This week (December 7 - 13) is Computer Science Education Week. The Web Team and the Information Technology Department in line with the global initiative presents an Hour of Code. You are invited to come to the Computer Lab on Monday (9:00 am to 2:00 pm) and spend an Hour of Code or simply encourage someone. Bring your laptop or use ours we will be there to help!
The funeral service of our beloved principal Victor Roy Edwards will be held on Thursday Dec 3 at 11:00am at the Cathedral of St Jago de la Vega, Spanish Town
- In the O.R. Bell Auditorium
- November 1-7, 2015 Be reminded we need your kind contributions towards Mrs. Watson's Gift. Our very dedicated Driver Mr. Samuel Lothian will be also recognized. Expecting your favourable responses.Cocktails - 6:00 - 7:00 p.m - Please make every effort to be on time - blessings always!
All students belonging to the above forms MUST report to Ravensworth at 7:50AM sharp for registration
All Students of the Second Form MUST be present at Ravensworth for orientation in school uniform at 7:50AM sharp
- Dear Members and Friends: This email was sent by St Jago High School Alumni Association - Florida at 7805 Indigo St, Miramar, FL 33023.
- Tomorrow is Green and Gold Day at St. Jago. Support the LIME promotion to hand over $100k to the school tomorrow at the Mini Concert which starts at 2pm in the front of the school. Prizes and surprises, Guest Artist, free gifts and giveaways. Wear green and gold!
- February 19-20, 2015
- January 23-27, 2015
- KARL TOWNSEND PRESIDENT Andre Harris Sean Barrow Secretary Yulit Gordon-Patrick
- October 27 to November 10, 2014
- School ends at 2:05pm
- School ends at 2:05pm
- School ends at 2:05pm
- Student go off on Mid Term
- Past Students Association Banquet
- August 26 to September 8, 2014 Student are to report to school in uniform at 7:50 AM on the days specified below. Days are listed according to the form into which the student is going. Parents are to attend with their children/ward and paid vouchers are to be handed in as well. First Form - September 1, 2014 Second Form - September 2, 2014 Third Form - September 3, 2014 Forth Form - September 4, 2014 Fifth Form - September 5, 2014 Lower Sixth Form (6B) - September 4, 2014 Upper Sixth Form (6A) - September 1, 2014 Commencement Service - September 7, 2014 at 4 PM at the Cathedral of St Jago de la Vega All classes begin September 8, 2014
- August 18 to September 8, 2014 This is only for current 6B students who are returning to 6A. Commencement Service at the Cathedral of St Jago de la Vega Attendance is mandatory for students
- August 18 to September 8, 2014 This is only for current students who wish to repeat fifth form. Applications open (get more information www.stjago.com/repeaters2014)
- July 5-6, 2014
- July 1 to September 8, 2014 This is for all students who are new to sixth form at St Jago. Deadline to submit all supporting documents
- June 26-29, 2014 This reunion is for EVERYONE!! For submission of Alumni Event photos (Lyme, Fundraiser, etc.) please send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tickets: $1500.00 (US$: 15.00) Order from: Shane Edwards/Sandra (Principal) Watson (943-2524) / email@example.com
- This function will officially send off retirees: Winston 'Joe' 'Skip' Spencer (44 Years), Joyce ‘Nurse’ Ellis (31 Years), Mrs Norma Joyce Bucknor (28 Years), Mrs Anita Gordon (28 Years) and Mr Orville Manning (11 Years). The function will also honour those members of staff who have been serving for more than 10 years.
- This year's founders day activity will involve a march through Spanish Town. The march will begin at 9:00 am, take us on a tour of the locations whihc used to house the school and end at the Cathedral for a short service at 10:30 am. All past students are invited to attend. Participants are advised to carry water.
- Sponsors: Sam's Caribbean Market Place 516-481-6602; Sams247.com St. Jago HS All Batch Reunion June 26-29, 2014 in Jamaica 516-451-4379, 845-430-8058
- March 17-21, 2014 Collect plastic bottles from morning to noon for the week. $50 per garbage bag to enter. The person with most bottles wins $5000.00 contact Kemisha Jackson 6A2
- The thanksgiving service for the life of Cavahn McKenzie will be held on Sunday, March 16, 2014 in Annotto Bay, St. Mary.
- January 9-10, 2014 The St Jago Past Students' Association will be hosting two fundraisers early in the new year to assist the school with much needed funds to support various projects.
- Saturday, August 25, 2012 Notice is hereby given of the Annual General Meeting of the St Jago High School Past Students Association (Jamaica Chapter) to be held at the School on September 8, 2012 at Midday. Email apologies and confirmations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 26-28, 2012 Again this year, St Jago Alumni will sit together and party in the stands at Penn Relays like NO OTHER school can.
- April 15 to May 6, 2012 @ 11:00am Alumna Laurett Wright (nee Wright), Class of 68/69, died on Sunday April 15th. Laurett is the younger sister of Willa, and had younger brothers William, Ainsley (deceased) and Martin.
- March 24-25, 2012
- September 5-9, 2011 8:00am to 12:00pm
- August 22-26, 2011 9:00am to 2:00pm
- July 29 to August 1, 2011 St Jago Reunion of all batches. Bring the whole family for the weekend.
- March 1-3, 2011 @ 8:30pm
- October 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011 Launch of Annual Mega Draw, Grand Prize is a car or the cash equivalent
- July 30-31, 2010
- March 3 to April 7, 2010 Fundraising Initiative bulletin released on March 3, 2010
- March 1 to April 30, 2010
- February 22 to March 28, 2010 THE DATE HAS NOT BEEN DECIDED. Shelly Deane(1979) would like to host a party at her house just for Jagoites in Canada in another few weeks to get them together to plan more for the Caribana Lyme in July. Please help if you can.
- July 15-16, 2006