- Akeem Brown and Joshua Christie have been conferred with the title National Master and shall prepend the prefix NM to their name. Joshua Christie, age 15 is currently the youngest National Master in the island and the youngest Jamaican to be given the title.
St Jago Chess Academy, the official chess club at St Jago High School, coached by National Master Mikhail Solomon, has again performed exceptionally! This, as two more national masters have been produced while still in high school. Four years ago, NM Alistair Walker was conferred with the chess title at age 16. Now there are younger minds in the mix, the likes of NM Akeem Brown and NM Joshua Christie. Christie and Brown have received their titles just after playing in Panama for their country and performing among the elites. Joshua Christie tied for first place, Akeem Brown came 17th, Johmoi Blake came 7th. Among the young men is Adani Clarke, who is referred to as a Woman Candidate Master. She prepends the prefix WCM to her name.
The St Jago Chess Academy and St Jago High School are pleased with the excellent performance of our students and the high level of professionalism that they bring to the sport. We are grateful for these Ravens and proud of their contribution to their school and country. A job well done.
Special thanks goes to the dedicated coach NM Mikhail Solomon, who has toiled with our students for many years, continuing to produce the greatest of Chess players in the island. Labor Omnia Vincit.
- Dennoy Martin, Shevon Chisholm, Shellaine Ewart and Abigail Morgan, graduates of the sixth form class of 2017 are each recipients of a Windalco Local Scholarship. This award will help them pursue studies at their respective local tertiary institutions for the 2016-2017 academic year. St Jago High School congratulates these exceptional young ravens on their success. Labor Omnia Vincit!
- This is a birthday wish from Jevaughn. St Jago is proud to have you as a student. You have achieved so much over the year namely Lieutenant Governer for Division 6 for Key Club. Continue to make St Jago, your friends and most importantly your parents proud.
SAINT JAGO HIGH SCHOOL
July 5 & 6 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Initial Registration
Documents to be submitted
- Original Birth Certificate
- Letter of Award from MOEI (where applicable)
Package to be collected with the following items:
- Welcome Brochure
- Bank Vouchers
- House Button
- Uniform Patterns (girls)
- Schedule of activities for new students
- Application Form
- Summary of School Rules
- Guide to High School Success
- St. Jago Sticker and Button
- Anglican 10 Facts
- Code of Conduct
July 20 Return of GSAT Homework and documents
9:00a.m. - 12:00noon – Students with surnames beginning with A- L
1:00p.m. -4:00p.m. – Students with surnames beginning with M- Z
- Completed Application forms to be brought in along with:-
- Two passport-size photographs (certified by School Principal, J.P., Police Officer – Inspector of Senior Rank)
- Copy of last school report
- Copy of Immunization Card
- On this day students will be informed of the forms into which they are being placed.
August 9 Student must be in full uniform
8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium - 1S, 1T, 1J
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1A, 1G & 1O
12 noon-2:30 p.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium – 1A, 1G, 1O
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1S, 1T & 1J
Uniforms: Ready-made tunics and blouses, uniform material, socks, ties, epaulettes and school memorabilia will be on sale at the school.
August 25 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Book Rental Distribution
1A, 1G, 1O
12:00noon – 2:30p.m.
1S, 1T, 1J
(These are books on the Book-Rental Programme and not on the Book List given to students)
REGISTRATION & PARENTS’ MEETING – 1st day of School..................................Monday, September 4, 2017
O.R. Bell Auditorium
- Congratulations Dr Lincoln Edwards, President NCU on his special day Inauguration of the 24th President NCU.
President NCU (centre) - a proud past student of St Jago High
Karl Townsend President St Jago PSA (right)
Collette Feurtado-Pryce Principal (left)
- Jezeel Bryan, who was a student at St Jago from 2012-2016, has been successful in her endevours abroad. She has been awarded the first ever international and black female to compete in the United States Tennis Association's Tennis Tournament and the first international officer for Key Club District 14c, Zone E. Indeed, Greatness is born here, excellence lives here, success dwells here.
Keep up the good work Ms Bryan.
The funeral service of our beloved principal Victor Roy Edwards will be held on Thursday Dec 3 at 11:00am at the Cathedral of St Jago de la Vega, Spanish Town
- In the O.R. Bell Auditorium
- Tomorrow is Green and Gold Day at St. Jago. Support the LIME promotion to hand over $100k to the school tomorrow at the Mini Concert which starts at 2pm in the front of the school. Prizes and surprises, Guest Artist, free gifts and giveaways. Wear green and gold!
- This function will officially send off retirees: Winston 'Joe' 'Skip' Spencer (44 Years), Joyce ‘Nurse’ Ellis (31 Years), Mrs Norma Joyce Bucknor (28 Years), Mrs Anita Gordon (28 Years) and Mr Orville Manning (11 Years). The function will also honour those members of staff who have been serving for more than 10 years.
- February 26-27, 2013
- October 13-25, 2012
- June 1-30, 2012 Music : 8 items 1 silver medal 3 bronze medals 4 certificate of merit Dance : 3 items 2 national golds medals 1 silver medal Speech and Drama : 15 speech items, 1 play 1 national gold medal 2 gold medals 10 silver medals 2 bronze medals 1 bronze for the play NB: National finals are in the month of July.
- April 28-29, 2012 Alistair wins the President's Invitational Chess Tournament
- March 9-12, 2009 Students with averages 80 and over will be recognized in devotion and given stars.