- Akeem Brown and Joshua Christie have been conferred with the title National Master and shall prepend the prefix NM to their name. Joshua Christie, age 15 is currently the youngest National Master in the island and the youngest Jamaican to be given the title.
St Jago Chess Academy, the official chess club at St Jago High School, coached by National Master Mikhail Solomon, has again performed exceptionally! This, as two more national masters have been produced while still in high school. Four years ago, NM Alistair Walker was conferred with the chess title at age 16. Now there are younger minds in the mix, the likes of NM Akeem Brown and NM Joshua Christie. Christie and Brown have received their titles just after playing in Panama for their country and performing among the elites. Joshua Christie tied for first place, Akeem Brown came 17th, Johmoi Blake came 7th. Among the young men is Adani Clarke, who is referred to as a Woman Candidate Master. She prepends the prefix WCM to her name.
The St Jago Chess Academy and St Jago High School are pleased with the excellent performance of our students and the high level of professionalism that they bring to the sport. We are grateful for these Ravens and proud of their contribution to their school and country. A job well done.
Special thanks goes to the dedicated coach NM Mikhail Solomon, who has toiled with our students for many years, continuing to produce the greatest of Chess players in the island. Labor Omnia Vincit.
- Dennoy Martin, Shevon Chisholm, Shellaine Ewart and Abigail Morgan, graduates of the sixth form class of 2017 are each recipients of a Windalco Local Scholarship. This award will help them pursue studies at their respective local tertiary institutions for the 2016-2017 academic year. St Jago High School congratulates these exceptional young ravens on their success. Labor Omnia Vincit!
SAINT JAGO HIGH SCHOOL
July 5 & 6 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Initial Registration
Documents to be submitted
- Original Birth Certificate
- Letter of Award from MOEI (where applicable)
Package to be collected with the following items:
- Welcome Brochure
- Bank Vouchers
- House Button
- Uniform Patterns (girls)
- Schedule of activities for new students
- Application Form
- Summary of School Rules
- Guide to High School Success
- St. Jago Sticker and Button
- Anglican 10 Facts
- Code of Conduct
July 20 Return of GSAT Homework and documents
9:00a.m. - 12:00noon – Students with surnames beginning with A- L
1:00p.m. -4:00p.m. – Students with surnames beginning with M- Z
- Completed Application forms to be brought in along with:-
- Two passport-size photographs (certified by School Principal, J.P., Police Officer – Inspector of Senior Rank)
- Copy of last school report
- Copy of Immunization Card
- On this day students will be informed of the forms into which they are being placed.
August 9 Student must be in full uniform
8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium - 1S, 1T, 1J
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1A, 1G & 1O
12 noon-2:30 p.m.
GSAT Orientation in Auditorium – 1A, 1G, 1O
ID Photographs in Enhancement Room - 1S, 1T & 1J
Uniforms: Ready-made tunics and blouses, uniform material, socks, ties, epaulettes and school memorabilia will be on sale at the school.
August 25 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Book Rental Distribution
1A, 1G, 1O
12:00noon – 2:30p.m.
1S, 1T, 1J
(These are books on the Book-Rental Programme and not on the Book List given to students)
REGISTRATION & PARENTS’ MEETING – 1st day of School..................................Monday, September 4, 2017
O.R. Bell Auditorium
- Base on the weather conditions we were advised to postpone the concert to next saturday. Please pass on.
- Jezeel Bryan, who was a student at St Jago from 2012-2016, has been successful in her endevours abroad. She has been awarded the first ever international and black female to compete in the United States Tennis Association's Tennis Tournament and the first international officer for Key Club District 14c, Zone E. Indeed, Greatness is born here, excellence lives here, success dwells here.
Keep up the good work Ms Bryan.
- Members of the web team for 2017
- Contact the St Jago Family and get reliable assistance. We are looking forward to answer your questions!
- This week (December 7 - 13) is Computer Science Education Week. The Web Team and the Information Technology Department in line with the global initiative presents an Hour of Code. You are invited to come to the Computer Lab on Monday (9:00 am to 2:00 pm) and spend an Hour of Code or simply encourage someone. Bring your laptop or use ours we will be there to help!
- November 1-7, 2015 Be reminded we need your kind contributions towards Mrs. Watson's Gift. Our very dedicated Driver Mr. Samuel Lothian will be also recognized. Expecting your favourable responses.Cocktails - 6:00 - 7:00 p.m - Please make every effort to be on time - blessings always!
Happy Birthday to our school Principal Mrs. Sandra Swyer Watson
School begins at 7:50AM sharp beginning with Registration and Devotional excercise
All St. Jago High School students are required to be present at the Commencement Service to be held at the St. James Cathedral at 4:00PM
All students belonging to the above forms MUST report to Ravensworth at 7:50AM sharp for registration
All Students of the Second Form MUST be present at Ravensworth for orientation in school uniform at 7:50AM sharp
All students of the above forms should be present at Ravensworth at 7:50 AM sharp in their school uniform
- July 11-12, 2015
- Please see below the Aeolians of Oakwood University Choir out of the United States managed by Vilroy McBean, Past Student who will be sharing with our Special Group of Students at Breakfast at Ravensworth next Tuesday morning, March 3, 2015 at 7:00 a.m SHARP. After Breakfast which will be sponsored by Vilroy, the Choir will participate in Devotion at 7:50 a.m. in the O.R. Bell Auditorium.
- February 19-20, 2015
- KARL TOWNSEND PRESIDENT Andre Harris Sean Barrow Secretary Yulit Gordon-Patrick
- Parents Teachers Meeting. All Parents are required to attend
- School ends at 2:05pm
- School ends at 2:05pm
- School ends at 2:05pm
- Student go off on Mid Term
- Past Students Association Banquet
- June 26-29, 2014 This reunion is for EVERYONE!! For submission of Alumni Event photos (Lyme, Fundraiser, etc.) please send to the following email address: email@example.com
- Tickets: $1500.00 (US$: 15.00) Order from: Shane Edwards/Sandra (Principal) Watson (943-2524) / firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 17-21, 2014 Collect plastic bottles from morning to noon for the week. $50 per garbage bag to enter. The person with most bottles wins $5000.00 contact Kemisha Jackson 6A2
- The thanksgiving service for the life of Cavahn McKenzie will be held on Sunday, March 16, 2014 in Annotto Bay, St. Mary.
- April 22 to June 22, 2010